During the renovation process of their all-electric home, Maureen Mahle and Steve Klocke researched the health impacts of cooking with gas in the house. Some of the common health risks include asthma, allergies, and other respiratory illnesses.
Maintaining healthy indoor air quality is critical for Maureen and Steve right now because they have a toddler in the house.
“[Babies] breathe so much faster. They take in so much more as a percentage of their body weight than we do. They’re much more impacted by all of those potential pollutants,” said Maureen Mahle, Managing Director of Residential Building Services at Steven Winter Associates, Inc.
The homeowners decided to install an induction cooktop in their all-electric renovated home and are already seeing the benefits.
“My kid likes pasta. The fact that he can pitch a fit and insist on pasta and I can have that pot boiling in 60 seconds is pretty great,” said Maureen.
Maureen Mahle and Steve Klocke are Steven Winter Associates, Inc. employees. This is a Steven Winter Associates, Inc. Project.
Register for EEBA’s webinar with Maureen and Steve to learn more about their all-electric home renovation.
Check out the EEBA Academy to take accredited courses on healthy IAQ and many more valuable topics!